Thursday, September 8, 2022

Struggle bus

yep, riding the struggle bus today -- deadlines are driving and I don't like deadlines.

I should have worked a the office last weekend -- that 9/15 extension due date for partnerships and corporations snuck up on me ... and as always I have clients that procrastinate worse than myself.  One cannot come until Tuesday afternoon -- it's due on Thursday -- I am scheduled to attend an AMC conference in Alexandria on W, R & Friday morning .. never fails.

I told Kate, I might skip the conference stay home and work my magic and get all of the freaking projects done so I have nothing to do other than payroll for the next 2 weeks.  

Sometimes my County work life collides with my professional work life and toss in a little family drama --- and well, I don't manage the crash very well -- and whining about it is not helpful.  


On the interesting side of life -- I am a clothes horder (yes, it is true) my goal for fall and winter is to attempt a capsule wardrobe .. quit laughing.  Last Saturday, I spent a couple hours purging -- bags for the thrift shop and a pile of shorts and summer things to put away for next summer -- thru out the 2 and 3 year old summer shoes that are beyond saving.  

And since summer is almost over I took my fitbit out the drawer and installed it on my wrist -- more good habits.  I took a summer fitbit break.  Then I lost the charger -- so Amazon to the rescue.  Shit happens.  


I will stop whining, I will stop whining, I will stop whining ....


 

No comments: