I'm at the lake -- where it is kind of windy and chilly -- to chilly for my theadbare flannel pants .. and no socks -- fall has arrived at West Jefferson
the plan is to do nothing today -- nothing ..
read the paper, read my book, plan out the week
update the cabin computer and my surface pro
nothing - I'm doing nothing
yesterday was a disjointed productive day --- I went to a garage sale of a quilter -- 6 yards later ... my first impression -- Joan was a talented quilter / seamstress but she had some ugly fabric in her stash .. I'm sure they'll say the same thing about my stash some day.
finally got the license plates on my truck
got back home and worked on a couple weird tax returns -- the planning is worse than the returns -- had lunch -- and loaded the long arm and quilted a large crib quilt.
the last thing I quilted was a baby shower gift in November of 2019 -- 34 months ago .. 34 freaking months ago -- loaded stitched and done in under an hour .. the tension behaved ... it was a miracle ... next one is ready to load and roll
then I was a brave woman - I took Mom to Kohls .. she hasn't been out much between COVID and Cancer our lives are weird ... well, 5 pairs of jeans, 5 t shirts, a sweatshirt and a pile of bras -- she did well in an hour .. all at 30% off or more .. and a leather purse .. I had a pair of leggings, t shirt and a clearance sweatshirt ... 3 bags at Kohls ..
the store is trashed -- the dressing rooms might qualify as a hazmat zone -- I get it -- they can't get help either .. but as shoppers -- we don't need to be pigs either ..
home with KFC and toxic Juans
back to office projects after supper and 12 innings of baseball
and after supper a text message arrived from the travelers .. I'm spending time working and taking someone shopping and they were hanging out with Ree Drummand -- the Pioneer Woman in Oklahoma.. I'll save their pix for later.



No comments:
Post a Comment