i have to admit -- this dude fishing in his kayak -- was leading the good life --
he was back in the hole -- right off our old rental place .. it is very quiet back in there
a lot of lookee lou's -- but no wakeboats or personal watercraft
sunset -- the sunsets
So, Tuesday morning the phones are ringing -- 3 of the 8 of the weekend participants tested positive for COVID -- ya, 3 of 'em are down. Two live in the same house -- 1 -- hmmm
Thankfully, most of our time was spent in the porch, on the water or in a lawn chair next to the water ( or mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, cooking, washing dishes, vacumming) ... after dodging the COVID bullet since the beginning, I'm thinking positive
and, drum roll ....
the accomplishments of the week
1. squash garden #1 is weeded and ready for chemicals
2. 3/4 of my quarterly payroll reports are DONE.
3. laundry is up to date
4. #1 mowed 1/2 the lawn (feeling good)
5. Ruby had a birthday of sorts
6. I only spent $26 at the grocery store this morning!
Ruby and I had a road trip yesterday. I forgot a whole watermelon on the counter at the cabin and since it was storming on Tuesday night -- I dashed out early (6:00am) yesterday and fetched it .. and shut the porch radio off .... and had a cup of coffee on the porch ... Ruby turned over 20,000 as I was pulling onto Maple Dr ... seemed like a good time for a mini celebration. I think I'm trading her off this week ... she and my truck for a new(er) truck. Maybe, I've been waffling for a month.


No comments:
Post a Comment