Tuesday, October 24, 2023

8 months -

 


8 months today - grief is a weird thing -- it hits you with a smile and it hits you with tears.  I picked up my phone during the ditch gig this morning -- and this picture is the background on my phone -- he road with me out to scope out a ditch project -- Ruby2's first voyage .. (kleenex were needed) 

I was blessed with 63 years of life lessons -- some hard, some easy, some fun and some well, were the necessary evils in life.  I've used most of them in the last 8 months -- probably most of them in the last 24 hours .. 

I look back on the the challenges he had in his last year and can only hope I'm that strong.  He had to be tough to fight that battle - it was not easy or pain free.  He never voiced his pain.  

Rest easy -- I listened -- I got this ( I do there's just the WTF moments ) ... 


I took this last year on 10/24 -- he told me it was the best day ever -- the only day of farming in 2022 -- he just wanted normal .. and truly that's all any of us want -- 

normal and doing our favorite things and doing 'em well 


(I'm out of kleenex -- I need to stop typing and get to work -- doing the things I enjoy and doing 'em well -- or trying my best -- that's all folks :) )









No comments: