Saturday, August 3, 2013

another productive night at the sewing machine

 
I think I made this top more than 10 years ago.  I had a whole tub of tops waiting to be quilted and I've been working my way thru them since the purchase of the long-arm.  This is crib sized ... batiks .. quilted, bound, washed and dried.
 
 
and the back ... I love the large scale floral ... it hides the quilting spiffs.
 
 
my project from July's 2nd Friday at the Scrap Shack .. a 5" wide jelly roll of kaffe fassett strips ... it didn't look very good after piecing, but quilting seemed to pull it all together.  It's quilted in brown thread ... not sure why, but it looks a lot better now that it's finished.  I'm not sure why I bought this bundle of fabric -- it's not really my color/style/favorite ! 

 
Edgar, from the cat shack.  He thought he should walk on the quilt ... mind you -- we can't pet him but he's still a pest.  He got into the traps twice this week ... almost as many times as the skunks.
 
 
I was going to market this morning with my pail of zucchini, basket of cucumbers and one cantaloupe -- but I've decided to skip it.  Busy week at the office and the County next week so off to the office for some more projects and yard work there.
 
 
I started another blog -- just for my self.  I'm sorting thru my quilt pictures and going to sort/post/etc.  Then go off and have it printed.  At least that was the plan last night -- may change over time!
 
Happy Weekend!
 
Marie


No comments: