it's an assortment -- things are ripening fast. ripening before they reach their full maturity size/weight. too hot -- and the lack of moisture. according to the weather dude on the radio - we are back in a drought -- I'm not sure we were ever out of a drought ... but since I wasn't consulted ....
it is what it is -- just gotta roll with it -- and count the blessings.
today's load is an assortment of melons -- crimson sweets, sangrias, jubilees and the lone sugar baby -- and a couple of yellow dolls and a yellow black mountain sweet .... and two squash from a semi-dead vine ...
I awoke to the rattling of the cat pan at 4:09 this morning -- then I heard (seen) the great white hunter stalking the yard with his new halogen flashlight .. humm -- the only creature a stir was Edgar, the cat. Me thinks Edgar had a visitor, Mr. Raccoon -- I'm not going to make my stroll to the shed and the truck until it is light out. Certain surprises in the morning are unnecessary.
so, here we go again, animal patrol!
1 comment:
Your cat has his own flashlight?
Post a Comment