Friday, August 16, 2013

Day Three

 
bessie loaded with a mixed bunch -- including a hoe -- bug dust -- bug spray ... string from last weeks balloon -- two long sleeve shirts are tied to the front of the roll cage ... the passenger seat has cucumbers on it and the passenger floor has a couple of melons --- it works, I made it home without losing anything.
 

I am grateful for the time I spend in the patch.  It clears my mind -- feeds the soul -- restores the balance in my wacky world.  I generally enjoy every minute out there (well, except for animal patrol) ..even the weeding -- it's good to see the progress from my hand labor. 
 
I hope the customers that buy from me -- enjoy their produce.  By now I know most of them by face (if not name) ... and I think they know I enjoy my slice of garden.  It is by no means the largest garden or the cleanest garden -- but it's my garden. 
 
I am fortunate -- it is good to play in the dirt.
 
 
Top shot -- Friday night in the patch -- 1st picking of the season.  Fine looking watermelons eh!   Bottom shot -- doesn't look like much loaded in the truck .. a couple of large melons a bushel of mini melons, a couple cantaloupe, zucchini, cucumbers and I picked some apples off the tree -- just to even out the weight on the limbs ... there's also a couple of hot peppers in the mix somewhere!  It's jumbled mess -- but a good mess.
 

No comments: