Sunday, August 25, 2013

hotter than hell

 
  I went up to the patch this morning ... this is on the return trek -- the heat/humidity/haze rising over the Valley (7:15am) ... it was 75' when I left the house ...
 
 
the patch in the early morning heat -- with the current forecast I'm not sure what will or will not make it ... still no rain.  the squash & pumpkins will make it, the early cantaloupe is done -- watermelons -- well, it is iffy.  time will tell.

 
the recent overnight visitor caught on film.  ugly bugger isn't it ... that is one large opossum.  these critters need to move back south where they belong .  argh ... ugly.
 
he didn't fall for the baited live trap next to his tail ... more marshmallows tonight should be enough to entice 'em! 
 
 
So, when Mother Nature gives us 100' weather for a week ... that's the opportunity to sew -- 2 hours at the Bernina, 1 hour cleaning the space -- and 4 hours at the long arm last night.  Binding this morning, pictures this afternoon!   I had a blast quilting last night, tried out all kinds of fun stuff!
 


1 comment:

Shay said...

Yes that opossum really is quite unattractive...lets hope you can catch him and release him somewhere far away (and that he doesn't have a family lurking nearby)

Im heading off somewhere warm on Thursday and seriously cant wait to see some sun for a change !