Monday, August 12, 2013

Only on Daisy Lane

 
loaded for the trek to crafty Friday night -- sewing machine, mini ironing board, quilts to bind and supplies, drink cup, garage door opener, cantaloupe and brownies ... never forget the brownies
I'm not sure -- but I think -- there is 8' of truck box and yet, I managed to squeeze all of this in the passenger seat...
 
 
my Saturday trek to the patch included having this float down to greet me ... so I tied it to Bessie and it lasted for a 1/2 mile or so ... not sure of it's point of origin -- but it made me grin.
 

 
my Stella apple tree -- first year that we allowed it to bear fruit.  it was a gift from Bill and Nancy -- it is a variety that Bill bred (?) and patented -- can't wait to taste them.  The other 3 trees got attacked by deer and didn't make it ....

 
front flower tub ... always a hummingbird favorite (and -- no there are none in the picture)
 

the first watermelon of the season and it's dang tasty!  I did a happy dance in the patch (thankfully the corn field shields the rest of the world from that event)


empty shot gun slugs in the new hosta garden -- hummm more critters. you would think #1 and grandson would pick these up ....  and the picture is upside down. 
 
So, we are more entertaining than reality TV around here -- especially during the skunk chasing moments.  I slept thru the Sunday morning hunt -- at 4:00 am (and raining) and frankly I never heard the shooting (not good)
 
 ... never a dull.
 
 
 


1 comment:

Shay said...

It's always nice to see what's happening on your patch Diva.