Friday, November 15, 2013

Ebay


 
Ebay is the bargin shoppers dream ... I have the above Coldwater Creek boiled wool jacket -- it is fabulous ... I've had it 7 years?  I bought it for Emily and Jason's wedding .. with black velvet pants, black suede shoes and a matching red velvet bag I looked fabulous !! 
 
 It is my one of my all time favorites ... however with the Christmas Tree on the back ... I generally only wear it between Thanksgiving and New Years Day ... I'm sure all of Saint Peter is tired of seeing me in it ... too bad ...
 
At any rate -- mine is getting a bit "worn" and well I kind of "outgrew" it ... (or it's more fitted than I like)  so I spotted it on Ebay and the description was one size larger ... SCORE !!! and the bidding began ... and rose and rose ... then I looked at the pictures closer .. the seller had the wrong size in the flipping description ... I was up to $50 (too much) on a jacket I already owned that didn't fit well .... arghh.
 
I was saved at the last minute -- someone wanted it $2 more than I ...
 
There is a lesson in here somewhere ...
 
a) lose weight so clothes fit better or
b) sell used boiled wool jackets for $52 on ebay.
 
 

2 comments:

Shay said...

Now would be the time to put yours on there!(or wash and stretch yours so you can wear it this Christmas)

If it was cold here at Christmas time I'd buy it from you because I really like it a lot. Just cant see myself wearing it when the weather is 90 degrees.

Teresa Saum said...

It's beautiful! I have never seen you in it, Marie!