Friday, November 1, 2013

the BLOOM ....

  as in the blooming Corpse Flower ... Mom and I took it in ... it reeks .. but it's kind of cool  -- 7' tall and the "bloom" only lasts 8 - 10 hours.  we got there after supper and it was already wilting in on itself -- they (the greenhouse geeks) thought it would be history by morning ....

   I'm glad we took the time to go ....

 
the greenhouse guides made the comment it has been the most photographed bloom in the Valley today -- no doubt -- the cameras and phone cameras were clicking away ....

 
already spent side of the bloom


 
note the chick in the white jacket -- holding her nose ... it does smell like rotting flesh ....or so we were told -- after the skunk invasion of 2013 -- I've smelled worse.
 
 
 
name this waterfall in Nicollet County -- better yet, spell it .... beyond my ability.
 

1 comment:

Shay said...

What a cool thing to be able to see..Ive read about these but not seen (or smelled ) one. It's HUGE!