Well, this Diva completed no gardening over the weekend. None. The 14 (almost 15, he kept reminding me) year old spent the weekend. We kept him and Dad busy. I am a master Wii bowler (and getting the hang of the golf) !!! He's off to drivers education today --- makes me feel old.
The garage from the trailerhouse site got moved yesterday morning. It took all morning to get it skidding but when we finally got the system down -- it took off and we (nick and I) spotters had to jog to keep up. The first 150 feet were a bitch. So now it needs to be jacked up and have new sill plates (with pressure treated lumber) put under it, a new door needs to be built and it needs to be squared up. I'm thinking for all the effort, stress and well (*&*^^*) a new one could have been constructed and this one demolished.
I haven't suggested this yet, but it would make a great chicken shack. Not ever going to happen -- I can guarentee it!
Still need rain and soon, the squash are wilting down dramatically -- the watermelons are loving the dryness -- they are blooming and vining.
Marie
2 comments:
How about splitting it for two uses--a half a garage would make a great chickem coop! My chickens share their space with a potting/storage shed.
Ya, that would be handy -- the moving man really didn't appreciate the suggestion. He needs space for his next project -- the restore of a 1948 Case Tractor --- men !
Post a Comment