Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The time has come. . .

to pick!!!! I raided the sweet corn last night (lots of ears to choose from -- 55acres worth) . . so tonight is garden supper. Sweet corn, green beans, cukes, tomato's.....can it get any better.

my first market Saturday is this week --- sweet corn, green beans, cukes, cabbage and maple syrup. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the saturday commitment yet --- last year it was 22 trips to market between tuesdays and saturdays and I was pooped in the end.

at the library last night I picked up Amy Goldman's Heirloom Tomato book -- it is fabulous, last year as my gift to self I bought the Heirloom Melon and Compleat Squash Gardner and well the Tomato book is equally cool. since the libary isn't going to let me keep it -- need to dive off to Amazon and find it on sale!

Diva

No comments: