Monday, May 31, 2010

the 3rd day of nada

  well day two was pretty productive after I wrote the blog entry --- all of the plants were purchased for the pots (note I didn't wait until July when they'd be on sale) .. came home and planted 'em.  they look nice.  hauled dirt in from the aged manure pile (like 20 years of aging).  watered them all. 
  
  we, mom, jean, nick and I finally got to the Olive Garden for supper Sunday night -- where it rained and rained hard.  I received my second shower of the day -- dashing from the parking lot to best buy.  we had good food and fabulous deserts -- in fact I brought mine home and had it for breakfast.  raspberry cheesecake is delightful for breakfast.

  today, I was awake at 4:15 and started sewing at 4:30(a.m.) -- my 3rd warm window quilt is almost pieced.  batiks -- a Hoffmann bali - pop jelly roll that I purchased on line -- "kiwi" is the color.  imagine.  it's pretty darn cool.

  after lunch I went to the office.  it is impossible for me to not work for 3 entire days, especially since I'm going to be gone 2 days next week.  seminar - continuing ed (next to the MALL -- and IKEA -- might need to make a detour). 

  happy memorial day ... give thanks and count the blessings, we live in a pretty good place!

Diva

No comments: