Actually for a Monday, it wasn't too bad. Except the weather -- damn, I don't like running the furnace and a space heater in MAY. 50' and rain are not a good combination. Hot coffee all day instead of iced coffee.
My aching body has somewhat recovered from yesterday's bending and planting 600 hills of pumpkin and squash is a lotta bending.
I did accomplish one of the new year's resolution -- I submitted a bid thru the FSA for entry into the CRP program --- 11.3 acres for the next 15 years... it will come out of the program on 10/1/2025 --- 8 days before I retire and begin to draw my social security -- some of us baby boomers must wait for 65 to even begin to draw -- kinda stinks. So, check that one off the list. Oh yeah, a signing bonus and cost sharing on the seeding helps get it seeded....it's a wildlife bid -- so it's a mixture of grasses and wildflowers....should be fun to redevelope a part of the prairie that once covered this farm.
Tomorrow is a new day and a new project list.
Diva
No comments:
Post a Comment